Thursday, May 13, 2004

Ready or Not, Here I Go...

Well, it started today. This morning I went out for a twenty minute run. It's the first run of the Fall Marathon season with Team in Training. So many more mornings to go, so many workouts. I have had trouble getting motivated to work out since the end of the 2002 Chicago marathon. This year, again, I hope to keep running after the marathon is over.

The alarm went off at 6a and I didn't get out of the house until 7. I almost talked myself into going to work first and trying to run at Noon. After all, I figured, it's only a 20 minute run I can do that at the drop of a hat. Then I decided it would be better to start off doing the run first and later on if I think I can play with the time I'll try it.

It wasn't a bad run. It was pretty hot out. I didn't eat or drink anything before I went out. I better plan to eat something first next time. Better stock up on the power bars too.

Still no real excitement, just too much other stuff going on. Perhaps after our first group run on Saturday that will kick things up a notch.

Stay tuned...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats, Phil! We love and support your efforts and will once again be there to support you and cheer you on to that four hour completion time!

The Hibler Family

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home